Friday, November 5, 2010

A non-kid related post

I love my job. I do. I've never been happier, and I used to think that I really enjoyed my job in PSY.

I have just as much freedom with my schedule (with a couple of caveats), I get paid a SHIT TON more now, and I feel like people really respect not only my opinions but the expertise that I bring to my job. Don't get me wrong, I'm still lost on a lot of things (payroll, transferring funds in and out of my accounts as a couple of examples), but they don't scare me. I am back to doing IUF accounting which was always my favorite part of my accounting duties at PSY, and it pleases me greatly.

I still talk to (or see) the people that mattered most to me from that department. From what I've heard, things in my office have changed so much in the short 7 weeks I've been gone, and I'm kind of glad that I'm not there anymore. It's not that I dislike change, or I obviously wouldn't have taken a shot at this job, but I don't like the way I see thing heading over there. And sometimes it takes completely stepping back from the situation to see how I wouldn't have fit with their new model. And that's fine.

I only have 8 faculty members over here, and they all have very large personalities. Faculty meetings are particularly hilarious, but so far I really seem to like them all. I see some potential personality conflicts with one in particular, but I'm not really worried about it. I've worked with and for some pretty terrible people in my work history, so it's not like I can't fake it.

I have an assistant who has been nothing short of wonderful of showing me where to find stuff and teaching me the ropes of the department. She's stated that the feeling within the department has completely changed for the better since I've started.

So, in short, moving departments was really scary and intimidating, but after 7 weeks, I'm completely pleased with myself and with what I've accomplished so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment