Wednesday, March 9, 2011

'Say What' Wednesday

Lex: Mommy, you are so mean.

This was said in response to me telling him, repeatedly mind you, to do something. He intentionally turned his back on me while I was trying to get him to clean up his mess before he started to drag out a metric-crap ton of other things. I think a little bit of me died inside when he said it because, although, I didn't raise my voice, I know my tone was pretty shitty. All I could think of was, 'Great. Before I know it, he's going to be telling me hates me.' I really need to learn to NOT do that. I do it to both Dennis and Lex (and sometimes it sneaks out in other facets of my life). My temper FREQUENTLY gets the best of me, and rather than throttle the kid, I take a pretty nasty tone. I'd hate to watch myself on video because I know I'd be super embarrassed at how I react/act sometimes.

Lex to Dennis: Hey, Daddy, where's your phone?
Dennis: In my pocket
Lex: Ok, just checking.

Lex: Mommy, which one do you want (holds up 3 Hot Wheels in blue, yellow, and green)?
Me: Um, the blue one.

Lex: You can have the yellow one.
Me: Why do you make me choose when you know you're not going to let me have the one I want?
Lex: I don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment